Footpath Construction and Renewal Program
Shire of Ashburton
Tom Price and Onslow, WA
September to October 2020
Scope of Work
Part of the annual Shire of Ashburton Footpath Construction and Renewal Program, Dowsing provided scheduled works to remove, replace and construct concrete footpaths within the Tom Price township.
The scope of works involved:
- Removal and disposal of existing footpaths, kerb and pindan material
- Box out and preparation of base for construction works
- Installation of new kerb and footpaths, and all-in-one kerbs
- Minor sign removal and relocation
- Small bridge culverts
- Waste disposal at the Shire’s waste management facility
All works were carried out safely across the township, with particular care taken to traffic management and resident liaison due to proximity to schools and public spaces. Late changes to design and scope presented a few challenges to resource allocation, plant, equipment, and material requirements, however, did not affect the project program or deliverables. Communication with all stakeholders was key and a major factor in the success of the project.