Mitchell Freeway Northbound Widening
April to November 2020
Scope of Work
The Dowsing Group WA Slipform team was contracted to install three different types of concrete safety barriers meeting the client’s specifications without sacrificing any performance parameters. The barriers were installed as part of the Mitchell Freeway Northbound Widening in both the verge and median sides of the freeway.
Included in the scope of works was:
- 1KM of TL5 barrier with a 200mm embedment
- 3KM of 1.27m high barrier with a 200mm embedment
- 120M of 1.42m high barrier
In addition to providing a good quality product delivered on schedule, Dowsing assisted the client with some of the following challenges on the project:
- Implemented earlier shift commencements to maximise production by minimising the delay caused by peak hour traffic.
- Development and installation of drainage slot installation method to eliminate requirement to core/wire cut post installation resulting in cost & time savings for the client.
- Installation of barrier in a key detail formation allowing the client to install lateral restraint prior to installation of the barrier.
- Mould modifications to install 1.27m barrier with a smooth profile