Kwinana Freeway Northbound Widening
May to July 2020
Scope of Work
The Dowsing Group WA Slipform team was contracted to install 4 different types of concrete safety barrier along the Public Transport Authority rail corridor, northbound on the Kwinana Freeway.
The scope of works included:
- 7KM TL5 with 75mm embedment
- 520M of TL5 with 200m Embedment
- 540m of Type 3A Barrier
- 70m of Type 3B barrier
- In-situ construction of various end treatments
- Installation of 2.3KM of barrier in a 2 week period.
- Installation of the first type 3A & 3B barriers in WA.
- Operation of 2 crews for a 2-week period to meet the clients tight program and install 1700m3 of concrete in 14 shifts.
- Successful installation of split-level barriers including the tallest slipform barrier in Perth at 1.72m tall.
- Implementation of machine adjustments and counterweights to allow barrier to be extruded at this height.